What is Lactic Acid? The key to achieving an even complexion
Looking for a solution to help with hyperpigmentation or erase fine lines and wrinkles? Then say hello to lactic acid! This amazing, collagen-renewing ingredient restores your skin and gives you a youthful look without having to pay a pretty penny for alternatives! With things slowly going back to normal, adding these lactic acid products to your skincare routine will have you look and feel amazing when returning back to society!
What is Lactic Acid?
Lactic acid is a popular alpha-hydroxy acid, or AHA, that has anti-aging and exfoliating abilities. AHAs work to get rid of old, dead skin cells and reveal healthy skin cells that are hiding underneath. Lactic acid is one of the more gentle hydroxy acids and if used regularly, it can help soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How Does It Work?
Lactic acid is what’s known as a humectant meaning it naturally attracts water molecules. As a result, it keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized. It also exfoliates by breaking up the bonds between dead skin cells and creates a more radiant complexion. Since lactic acid is an AHA (alpha-hydroxy acid), it is sensitive to the sun and can sometimes cause skin irritation. It is very important to use sunscreen and do a patch test before using any products that contain lactic acid.
Lactic Acid In Skincare
Deep Dehydration: Looking to start your day with hydrated and exfoliated skin? The Nue Co. The Pill is designed to remove dead skin cells to help brighten your complexion. Apply two pumps after cleansing to give your skin a “velvet-smooth” texture!
- The Vintner’s Daughter Active Treatment Essence brightens, renews, and nourishes the skin with over 30 powerful botanicals. This hydrating formula delivers complete radiance and renewal to all skin while also evening skin tone and texture to improve the skin’s appearance.
- Skin Clarity: The 111 Skin Maskne Protection Biocellulose Mask Box is a great choice for eliminating annoying maskne! This revolutionary face mask treats breakouts and reduces the appearance of blemishes. Lactic acid is paired with other ingredients such as microalgae and hydroxycinnamic acid to fight bacteria and promote skin clarity.
- Gentle Exfoliation: Some products that promise exfoliation can be harsh on the skin. If you’re looking for a gentle solution, the Natura Bissé Tolerance Enzyme Peel is an amazing alternative for you! This gentle, yet effective peel eliminates impurities and dead skin cells to reveal renewed skin that looks smoother and brighter.
- Toning Treatment: Tone your skin with the Chantecaille Purifying and Exfoliating Phytoactive Solution. This powerful toning treatment minimizes the appearance of pores while improving overall skin clarity. Lactic acid is paired with glycolic and phytic acid to give the skin a more visibly even, brighter tone.
Lactic Acid From Head To Toe
There are a variety of products that are specifically made to restore and protect your skin barrier and below are some of our favorites!
- Shiny Locks: Lactic acid is an ingredient mainly found in skincare products, but it doesn’t have to stop there! The R+Co Acid Wash ACV Cleansing Rinse restores hair to a natural, clean shiny state. This cleansing rinse is infused with apple cider vinegar to help protect the scalp from damage and acts as a natural exfoliator. This product can be used to substitute shampoo or conditioner and does a phenomenal job at cleansing without stripping away natural oils.
- Body Treatment: If you’re looking for a product that works overtime as you get some beauty rest, try the ReVivé Supérieur Body Nightly Renewing Serum. This flawless serum reduces imperfections, smoothes crepey skin, and visibly diminishes fine lines while you sleep! Lactic and glycolic acid are paired to smooth the skin’s surface and give it a more youthful look.
- Body Treatment: The new Dr. Barbara Sturm V Wash cleanses the intimate area without removing the skin’s natural oils. This gentle, delicate foam formula is suitable for daily cleansing and perfect for those with sensitive skin. The use of lactic acid in this product helps to support the microbiome of the skin.
Lactic acid is a lovely, youth-enhancing ingredient with many benefits that can be incorporated into your skincare routine. We encourage you to look into products that contain lactic acid to achieve a glowing, smooth complexion!
Leave a comment